Sunday, July 20, 2014

REVIEW - The Real Deal by Kendal Waller


The Real Deal by Kendal Waller

My Rating: 4.5 out of 5 Stars


Synopsis


The only thing you can plan for in life is change. 

There are caves located in the foothills of the Appalachians which run through North Alabama. Quiet and mostly untouched land surrounds them as the mountains fall lazily toward the Tennessee River waterway. Decades ago men hid their stills in those caves. Today something much more sinister is cooking within them. 

Jessica Mackenzie made a plan for herself early on; she dedicated herself to it and worked the hell out of it. Until four men got in the way. Life turned on a dime and kept spinning as though it hung by a string. 

Passion. 
Love. 
Loyalty. 
Loss. 
Anger. 
Fear. 
Frustration. 

If you’re lucky you work through the changes in life, become stronger by surviving and learn the only thing that really matters — the real deal― is love. 

*Due to adult content and language, this book is intended for audiences 18 years and older.*


Review

What a fucking tear jerker!

First off, I’m a big fan of poetry and I absolutely loved the poem in the beginning of the book. It was such a great way to start off.

Jessica Mackenzie is the total farm girl. She goes off to college but knows that once she is done she will return home and help her father run the farm until he retires and she takes over. She has big plans, dreams and hopes for life once back on the farm.

“I knew even before leaving to go away to school what I would study to prepare for what I wanted to do with my life. I had a plan and a promise from my dad: going to school, making the grades, and working my plans; once I graduated I would return home and the farm would be mine.”

But what happens when things just don’t go according to plan?

This was such a great read. It’s one of those books that is totally unpredictable. You just don’t know what is going to happen next and it keeps you wanting to read more and more. It kept my attention from beginning to end.

It’s such a touching story and at the same time it’s full of suspense. Such well-developed characters. Jesse is smart, confident and feisty. She is caring, loving and a wonderful daughter. But she has her moments when she breaks down, things don’t go as she wanted and she finds herself in some unforeseen situations and falling hard fast.

Sawyer Kincaid is one of those  situations. The chemistry and attraction between them is instant. They fight it until they can’t anymore. And it’s fantastic. I truly found myself falling in love right along with them. Once they let each other in their loyal, honest, caring, and passionate and make the perfect couple. I recommend reading this book so you too can fall in love with Jesse and Sawyer <3

“I’m trying to tell you, I don’t know what you had with Timber or where you thought it was going, to me, that doesn't matter. What does is that you know you’re the woman for me, and I know that because I am the man for you.”




Buy the Book



Meet the Author


Don't let my city of birth fool you, one of my favorite quotes is from an old indigo girls songs that says: "When God made me born a Yankee, he was foolin'"

I have spent most of my life in Alabama and after my father passed away in 2011, I brought my husband and 2 children back to live on the farm where I grew up in Jemison, Alabama. 

Spending time alone on the farm with my thoughts and a few regrets, I finally got the courage to do more with my writing. I am inspired by my adventurous spirit and mind. I have lived my life being a 'bit' dramatic and have always had stories to tell. I also allow myself to be inspired by my family and friends and of course by life experiences in general. 

I love to write, paint, take pictures, read, garden, go boating with my family and explore. If I'm out with the girls I'm laughing and dancing. If I'm home with my kids we are pretending and playing. 

I hope that people will find a fun escape while reading my books. I hope that they will feel like laughing and not know what to expect next. 

Best advice I ever got, "Don't waste time."

Thanks for taking the time to find out a little about me. Hope you'll come back as I write and publish more books.

Where to Stalk her:

No comments:

Post a Comment