Thursday, July 31, 2014

Book Tour: Rock Bottom (The Gifted Realm Book 4) by Jillian Neal


Rock Bottom (The Gifted Realm Book 4) by Jillian Neal
Add to Goodreads

Book Synopsis

Dan Vindico is the Chief of Elite Iodex, the fiercest, peacekeeping, police force in the Realm. He appears to have been constructed of raw sinew and steel. He’s sought revenge for his fiancĂ©e’s murder for the last decade. As he tears apart the men responsible, seemingly without end, he finds himself drowning in the riptide. Amelia’s kidnapper is going to walk free. The knowledge drives Dan to the brink.


Rainer Lawson, son of the assassinated Crown Governor and the newest officer to earn the Elite rank, can’t seem to do anything more than watch his boss be crushed under the weight. With Emily on another continent, Rainer has already let his guard down for one brief moment and has seen the brutality of the Interfeci. They’ve taken something he can’t ever get back. Can they be stopped? Can they save Vindico from the hellish abyss he seems determined to let consume him?  



Vindico can’t continue on. He’s reached the end. Narrowly escaping certain imprisonment and possible death, his body seems unwilling to fight anymore. While licking his inflicting wounds, in walks his saving grace. He’s hit Rock Bottom. Rainer, Logan, Garrett, and all of his men can’t save him. Perhaps, what he needs are the wings of an Angel. Can he have anything good in his life? Can he have true love again? How can he keep her from ending up like Amelia? Could it ever be worth the risk?


Buy the Book:




Snippet:

A peaceful silence washed over the room as the moonlight danced across the lapping ocean.

“I wish you’d gotten here before dark,” Rainer lamented, “the view is amazing.” Emily gazed up at him sweetly. There was a tender tranquility about her now, a need to be cared for and adored. A timid hunger swam in her eyes.

“Nothing is as amazing as looking up at you and being here in your arms. I’ve been a mess all week. I just needed you so badly.” She confessed.

Rainer scooted further down in the bed and pulled her on his chest.

“I’m right here, baby, and I’ve got you. Even if I’m not with you, I’m always thinking about you, and missing you, and wishing more than anything else that you were with me.” He listened to her contented sigh.

“This one night, just getting to see you, makes the next two weeks seem bearable; though, you know?” Her cheeks colored rapidly as heat rose from her body. The effect set the slow fire that had been burning low in Rainer’s groin to an all consuming blaze.

Her energy was soothed now that she’d showered, eaten, and had spent the last hour or so in his arms. He’d tried to fight the lust and the love that permeated every single cell of his body, but he longed to feel more of her. He wanted to be a part of her again. He was desperate to join her energy with his. He yearned for her, but he forced himself to wait. He had to make certain that was what she wanted as well. He needed to take care of her first.

“I’ve been kind of a mess, too; you know.” Rainer informed her as Emily smiled and ran her hands up and down his chest. She pulled at his pecks with huger. It drove him wild. “Just ask Logan.” He let his eyes close as his body enflamed to her touch. Emily giggled before a soft sigh egressed her lips.

“I’m sorry,” she teased, “but that does kind of make me feel better.” Rainer chuckled and shook his head. He began running his hands down her sides. He brushed them lightly down her rib cage and followed the delicious curve of her waist. He carefully kept his hands from her breasts. He wanted her starving for his touch. He felt the longing as he cuddled her. The need emanated from the energy between them.



Author Bio:




 I’m a Southern girl with a sassy mouth that occasionally gets the better of me. I’m an author, and a mama, and a wife to my high-school sweetheart that still keeps me smiling and my skirt flying up after all these years. I’m an Allure magazine obsessed, shoe-aholic, java junkie, toe ring lovin' girl, that creates characters, love scenes, and entire worlds on the fly while I’m in the carpool line at the school. I’m usually running around with my hair and my pen on fire! My granddaddy always said- "She's full of smarts, sass, and sizzle and that's a lot to get into barely five feet of girl with her head always in the clouds!"







Author Links:



No comments:

Post a Comment