Tuesday, July 1, 2014

~ BOOK BASH 2014 ~




I can't even tell you how much fun I had attending Book Bash! This was my first book signing event ever. And I am so glad that I had this experience. I met so many amazing authors, readers and bloggers.

I wasn't sure what to expect going into this because well, I've never been so it was a little overwhelming. There were so many people there. It was insane. I can't wait to do it again next year!

I'm new to the blogging community so I wanted to  get out there and meet as many fellow book lovers as I could and introduce myself. Everyone that I was able to meet were such a great joy to talk to. The lines were a little crazy but I guess what do you expect. I felt like a little kid in a toy store, you don't know where or who to start with first. I took my sister--in-law with me and I gotta say, I think we made a pretty good team holding down those lines, grabbing tickets and loading up each others bags. We had such an amazing time.

You know, I gotta admit.....I was totally excited to meet Colleen Hoover, Abbi Glines and Jamie McGuire and I did....eeek! Such nice women, but I totally fan-girled when I met Rebecca Donovan because I am completely and utterly IN FUCKING LOVE with The Breathing Series. This is my ALL TIME FAVORITE series, my #1 series re-read that makes me cry just as hard as the first time, so to stand there and talk to her was simply fucking amazing. We talked about the characters and how I loved Jonathan and can not wait to read his series when it comes out, how Evan stole my heart and she may or may not have told me that they are making it a MOVIE!!!!!! Gasp. SAY WHAT?! I said "No fucking way! Oh.My.God.!!!" That is definitely one I do not want to miss. I loved meeting her and talking to her and she was so cool <3

Then I met Kendall Grey. Squeeee! She is fucking awesome!!!! She was super duper nice and funny and I loved her. She took her time, she talked to us, she wrote the BEST quotes in our books that had us laughing. I was so ecstatic to meet her. I became an instant fan when I read the first page in Strings. I absolutely loved the Hard Rock Harlots Series. I instantly fell in love with the foul mouth, kinky as fuck rockers. Every single one of those characters I fell in love with so I was super excited to get all 3 books signed by this amazing cool as fuck author. SHE TOTALLY ROCKS!!!

I was sweating my ass off walking around that place. My bags got heavier and heavier as the time went ;) so at the end my shoulder was killing me, lol. It truly was an amazing experience and I got some awesome signatures, picked up a few more books and got TONS of swag!!! (ahem. maybe a giveaway is coming. cough. maybe a signed paperback. cough.) 

The amazing Paige Weaver took the time to sign a bunch of swag for me and I though that was so fucking cool of her to do. And yes, I bought her books too. How can you not, right? I mean, have you not read Promise Me Darkness and Promise Me Light? They were fucking epic! And I picked up her new release Sweet Destruction!! She was super sweet. 

Of course there was just no way to get to everyone's tables but I got to meet some awesome people like Kylie Scott, Joanna Wylde, Monica Murphy, Maya Banks, Shayla Black, C.D. Reiss, Shay Savage, Tammara Webber and I can't leave out the other readers and bloggers that I met while waiting on some of the lines, so thanks to you ladies for chatting with me and being super sweet.

I was however a little disappointed at how some of the authors were grumpy towards the end. I mean I'm sure it gets tiring sitting there for 4 hours just signing away. But sheesh, that is what ya signed up for isn't it. So I didn't take many pictures because they weren't very smiley and friendly and so I got my signature and walked away :( But besides that, overall it was a great day. I am very much excited for the next event. My first book signing experience was fucking EPIC!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment