Friday, July 4, 2014

Review - Elemental Fear (Survival #1) by Ada Frost


Elemental Fear (Surviving #1) by Ada Frost

My Rating: 5 out of 5 Stars
*~* Synopsis *~*

Evelyn Beaumont is a beautiful, intelligent, loving woman. She has an adoring family, a man who loves her and a best friend who is willing to do anything to make her happy. Sound like a perfect life to you?

Evelyn Beaumont:
I hide a terrible secret, one I have hidden from the people I love the most, from the people that love me the most. For the longest time I have hidden behind my shame, silenced by an elemental fear and depravity. I am bound by silence to protect them, to hide what I really am. In truth I can never let my family know what darkness haunts me, I am the key to destroying my family. And I would rather die than allow that. 

WARNING: This book is about the survival of severe domestic abuse, it’s not pretty, and it is fear at a level most of us cannot comprehend; women endure this life on a daily basis, this is Eve’s story. Contains severe domestic abuse, violence and strong language.

Can be read as a stand alone.


*~* Review *~*
You fucking gutted me! You ripped my chest open and shredded my heart. I balled my fucking eyes out. I have been dying to read a heart wrenching ugly cry book and many have fallen short. But this fucking book! Gah, THIS BOOK!!!! Ada, you fucking nailed it!!!! I could not tear myself away from this one.

Evelyn Beaumont is a 24 year old woman who tries to live her life as normal looking from the outside but she hides the truth from everyone. She lives her life in fear. She has spent years getting abused physically, mentally and emotionally. My heart broke for Evelyn. She is put through some horrendous abuse at the hands of a man that is supposed to love her. 

Her boyfriend, Elliot, is such a disgusting fucker. He is very manipulative and controlling. There are some scenes which may be hard to get through for some. I know I had to take a breather at times because I was crying so hard, sobbing and my vision was tear-blurred. I took a deep breath and dived right back in.

”I walked in the front door humming “we are young” and froze. The blood drained from my face, my heart froze mid-beat, and my ears buzzed as the blood whooshed away. Elliott sat at the dining table, staring at me with a serpent’s grin, ready to strike any moment.”

This book was so emotionally draining. Ada brings us such an emotional heart touching story. The story line was fantastic, very well written, and draws you in from the very beginning. The characters are very well developed and I loved each of them. Evelyn has a loving family, her parents are so loving and caring, her sisters are absolutely adorable and loveable, and her best friends are amazing. I absolutely love how her friend Johan is flirty, funny, caring, loving and such a great support for Evelyn. And then we have her best friend since she was five years old, Dominic. Oh Dominic! He is the brother of her boyfriend Elliot, but she has been secretly in love with him since she first laid eyes on him. He is so caring, loving, funny, sexy, smart, patient and a really great guy.

“There’s sunshine outside of the dark scary cave, Eve, you just have to believe and take that step.”

This is a definite MUST read. Make sure to have your tissues handy. It is definitely worth it!!! 


Buy Links
Amazon / B&N



No comments:

Post a Comment