Thursday, June 26, 2014

Review - For Nicky by A.D. Ellis


For Nicky (A Torey Hope Novel Book 1) by A.D. Ellis
Genre: Contemporary Romance

My Rating: 4 out of 5 Stars

Synopsis
Elizabeth Decker views herself as shy, totally average, and pretty much insignificant. She’s nothing special, at least not compared to her little sister, Audrey. Elizabeth is content with her plain and lonely future; she’s too insecure to contemplate a relationship thanks to her sister. Audrey is a bombshell and uses this to get what she wants. She’s a girl who will stop at nothing to control anyone and everything around her. She craves power and doesn’t care if she has to hurt Elizabeth to get it.

Nathaniel Morgan has spent his whole life fighting for his twin brother, Nicholas. Somewhere along the way, he lost himself. Now he’s just getting by. He’s devoted to his family, but emotionally detached from the women he burns through like wildfire. He has no plans of getting into something as complicated and committed as a “relationship”.

Nicholas Morgan has placed the new librarian, Miss Elizabeth, on a pedestal and is begging her to meet his twin brother, Nathaniel. Elizabeth and Nathaniel agree to meet, for Nicky. Both are caught off-guard when unexpected sparks fly between them. This was not in their plans. Will Nathaniel and Elizabeth be able to escape a past that still plagues them? Or, will the past, suspicions, and insecurities come between them one too many times?

**This is a contemporary new adult romance. It should only be read by ages 18+ due to adult themes and situations. This is a stand alone book.

REVIEW
The beginning of the book was a little drawn out but once it got into the story line it held my attention the rest of the way. It really is a great story. These are issues that people face on a daily basis. Such a strong message that I hope people will actually take away from reading this story because bullying is NEVER okay. In this story not only will we follow the journey of love but also shows you how the effects of bullying can have on a person and those who love them.

Nathaniel “Nate” Morgan is very protective of his brother, Nicky. He has always been that way since they were just kids. He was always getting into fights and defending his brother at every turn. 

"I got used to getting in fights protecting my brother and as the bullies got worse, the fights got worse too."

Nate spent his whole life trying to protect his brother from the daily bullying and harassing. He was always too busy with his brother for relationships, even choosing to attend college near home.  

"Looking back, I think I didn't get too serious with a girl because I thought it would maybe confuse Nick or make him sad that he didn't have that."

Elizabeth Decker had a perfectly normal life until her mother passed away when she was only 11 yrs old. After the death of her mother life took a turn for the worse. Growing up in a military home where her father turned to alcohol and a very bitchy sister, left Elizabeth a loner. She turned to her books and studies because she was always made to feel that she was a ‘freak’. Elizabeth's sister, Audrey, has not made it very easy for her to have any type of a real relationship or wanting to for that matter.

"Books could take me to other worlds. Books allowed me to become someone else instead of Audrey's plain, quiet, older sister. Books allowed me to escape the pain of having a sister who hated me and treated me terribly."

When Nate and Elizabeth meet there is an instant attraction but they both try to deny what they are feeling. Once they give in and take a chance they are put through some tough situations at the hands of a loved one. The things these two go through are unspeakable. I was so pissed off reading the things that they had to endure because of anger, low self-esteem, and bullying. They both needed to face their own issues in order to see if it is possible for them to have any kind of future together. I loved Nate and Elizabeth. They are so genuine and deeply care for those that matter to them. 
They had such sweet moments together. 

"Nate, baby, you have wrecked me. I had accepted my life as the freaky sister who never finds love and lives in her sister's shadow with seven cats. But you came along and rescued me, stood up for me, helped me to see that I didn't have to stay in Audrey's shadow. You're teaching me that I'm beautiful and worth someone's love."

This story will definitely take you on an emotional rollercoaster. It's a sexy love story that deals with learning how to trust, second chances, dealing with emotional scars and overcoming some unexpected twist and turns. 

"I'm yours, Libby. Lost in you. Ruined for anyone else. You are IT for me Libby-girl. I've never, in my whole life, felt even close to what I feel with you. At the risk of moving too quickly, I love you, Elizabeth Decker. I'm in love with you. I. Am. Yours."



BUY THE BOOK

Amazon / B&N






No comments:

Post a Comment