Sunday, June 22, 2014

Review - Chasing the Wild Sparks by Ren Alexander



Chasing the Wild Sparks by Ren Alexander
Genre: Contemporary, Adult Romance


My Rating: 5 fanfuckingtastic Stars!



~Synopsis~

What would you do if the love of your life doesn’t want the same life you do? 
Hadley Beckett has failed in not only her career, but as a daughter, friend, and girlfriend. 

Hadley’s longtime boyfriend, Finn Wilder, who is Richmond, Virginia’s local daredevil and favorite sportscaster, isn’t afraid of anything…except for LASIK surgery, dancing, marriage, and kids—the last two being what Hadley desperately wants with him. Finn leads a very public life; however, he leaves Hadley in the dark about most of it. Despite his public persona, Finn is viciously protective of his private life. Excluding their families, his best friend and Hadley’s friends, nobody knows he has been dating her for three years. Finn loves Hadley and he knows she wants to get married. Nevertheless, he has his own reasons for not wanting to marry her. 

Fearing at 33 that she will soon be too old to have kids, Hadley wants Finn to change his mind and marry her, yet her insecurities about his seemingly charismatic personality and his constant rebuffs have her questioning her aspirations. With conflicting advice from her friends, Hadley concludes she should take things into her own hands. 
Would he change his mind then? 

Finn pressures Hadley into moving in with him, but being traditional, she wants to be married first and she wants to stick to her beliefs, just as he clings to his own. Finn has tolerated Hadley’s stubbornness long enough and he’s reaching his breaking point. 

Finn Wilder has his own story to tell.


~Review~

This book is fucking amazing. I loved everything about this story. I loved the dialogue, the storyline, and the characters. It was very well written. I could not put this one down. I was so mesmerized by these characters and so completely drawn in I immediately fell in love with all of them. Although I find myself completely captivated and instantly fell madly in love with Rod. He's not even the main character but he had me so intrigued from the very beginning. He will fucking have you laughing hysterically. The shit that this man says! He is such a loving, caring, funny ass shit, loyal friend. I fucking love you, Dick Rod!

“After last night, you think Wilder really would not go with you? He’s going to be up your cooch more than a tampon!” ~ Rod

Ren Alexander not only brings you humor but a story of love, angst, passion and real life relationship issues. Finn and Hadley are madly in love. The love between these two is so powerfully written it oozes off the pages. I felt the love. I felt the heartbreak these two go through. I felt the insecurities that each one struggles with. I have a love/hate relationship with Finn and Hadley. They are so sickenly in love and so fucking stubborn I wanted to reach in my kindle and bitch slap them both! There is definitely a lack of communication in this relationship, especially with Finn, and you just want to scream at them and tell them to ‘suck it up you fucking pussy.’ And then you love them and your crying with them and laughing with them and oohing and awwing at them and falling more and more in love with them. 

He whispers, “Wow.”
“Wow,” I whisper back, dazed.
“What just happened? Did you feel that?” Not taking my eyes off of his, I dreamily nod. He stammers, “I-I didn’t think it was possible.”
“What wasn’t?” What is he talking about?
He coyly smiles. “I just fell even more in love with you.” That’s the sweetest thing Finn Wilder has ever said to me.

Finn Wilder and Hadley Beckett want nothing more than to spend the rest of their lives together. However, they both have different views on their future together. Arguments arise more than before and they are both grasping and struggling at the end of the ropes. Both too stubborn to give in to the other and overlook their beliefs, they start to doubt their relationship. Finn wants nothing more than to wake up every morning with Hadley by his side but she is dead set on being traditional and wants to get married first. This is one subject where they don’t see eye to eye. Finn is against marriage and having kids and those are the two things that Hadley wants the most. Will they reach their happily-ever-after?

I sure fucking hope so. I am rooting for these two. Finn is so damn sexy and he says the sweetest things to Hadley. This man definitely has a way with words. He had my heart melting.

“I’m so in love with you. It’s crazy how much I am. There will never be anyone else for me.” ` Finn

~sigh~ Yeah. He’s totally fucking swoon worthy. This is a definite MUST read! I cannot wait to read the next book.


~Buy Links~
Amazon / B&N



No comments:

Post a Comment