Wednesday, August 20, 2014

ARC Review: Surviving Love (Surviving #2) by Ada Frost

 

Title: Surviving Love
Author: Ada Frost
Series Name (or Stand Alone): Surviving Series Two
Genre: Contemporary New Adult Romance
Release Date: August 25
Publisher (or Self): Self
Word Count: 92,000 words  

My Rating: 5 out of 5 Stars





 What do you do when you find out you’re pregnant, your boyfriend rejects you, your sister is beaten half to death and the most annoyingly gorgeous man takes up residence in your house? Well ladies, there is only one thing to do, pull up your big girl knickers and show the world your middle finger.

Louise Beaumont is renowned for her sharp wit, smart mouth and sassy personality. She comes out swinging in an argument, even when she’s wrong. But even some events in life can knock her on her arse. And fighting through the sludge of emotional pressure she’s had poured over her is taking its toll.

Johan Senior is broken. A man with a deeply traumatic past, shadows and monsters haunt his every waking hour. That is until a heavenly angel is sent in the form of a loud mouthed chestnut haired vixen, who threatens his manhood countless times. But his heart grabs onto her and refuses to let her go. The only problem is, his mind needs to allow him the pleasure of human touch, and to take that terrifying step of allowing someone into his heart. 


I’m having such a major Book Hangover!!! I can’t focus on my next read. I think I’m ruined!! I finished reading this book and I can’t move on! I had to process it all before writing this review. Ada Frost is the shit!!! She has a gift to pull you in and make you feel every emotion that will make you smile, make you swoon, make you mad, make you laugh and crush your heart and every other emotion these characters go through. I mean right through the pages gut you. I was a blubbering mess reading this book. And let me tell ya, I wouldn’t have it any other way. I absolutely LOVED this book. I thought she did a fantastic job with the first book in this series Elemental Fear and she just took it to a whole new level with this one. 

This book was fucking PHENOMENAL!!! I don’t even think anything I say can truly convey how fucking great this book is. The characters are truly magnificent. The story was so heartbreaking and touching and joyful and written with such emotion it mesmerizes you.


We met Johan in Book one and I instantly fell in love with him. He was sweet, flirty, playful and such a caring, good hearted guy and an amazing supportive friend to Eve. We caught glimpses of the broken soul that he is and I was so hoping he would get his own book because I wanted to know more about this mysterious kind hearted man. So to say that I was super excited when I found out about him getting his own book is an understatement. I wanted it, I needed it and I absolutely had to read it. And boy, oh boy…… I was not expecting this at all.

I knew that Johan’s past was going to be painful and with the emotional state I was in with Book one, I knew I was in for a few shedded tears. I was sooooo not prepared for what I read. It was heartbreaking and gut wrenching. Johan suffered far more abuse than a young boy should. It truly broke my heart the abuse that he suffered as a young boy at the hands of those that are supposed to protect you. He’s carried such a burden of emotional scars for many years and for him to open his heart to Lou was such a beautiful thing to read.

Louise is pregnant with a man who doesn’t want anything to do with the baby and as much as she tries to hold on, she realizes that she just needs to cut her loses and do what is best for her and her baby. She thought she had her “forever” guy. She wasn’t expecting to feel so strongly for Johan even though she was attracted to him when she first met him. She thinks he’s annoying and the banter between the two is hilarious. Just when she thinks she’s alone here comes this beautiful broken soul to stand by her side.

But what happens when you can’t let go of the past? There are some things that Johan must face before he can let it all go. Lou always acting strong and hard ass, pulls up her big girl panties and has to make a decision that she knows will not only hurt her but Johan as well, but she feels it must be done to move forward.



Watching Johan and Lou go through the emotional obstacles and sticking by each other is just magical. Ada really did a fantastic job. Amazingly well written and such great main and supporting characters. And the story line was absolutely beautiful and flowed so perfectly. If I could give this book more than five stars, I would absolutely without a doubt give it so much more. Ada has slipped her way in so easily into my top five favorite authors with her amazing talent, captivating imagination and emotional reads. I highly recommend reading not just this book but the entire series because I am hoping there is more to come. I’ll be waiting not so patiently and in the meantime will stock up on boxes of tissues.

**ARC received in exchange for honest review.



Hi! What to say about myself...I don't really have anything interesting to offer other than I love to read, and create stories for others to enjoy. I've always been told I have a vivid imagination, I just lacked the confidence to pursue putting it onto the the written page. But finally I embarked on making a single dream come true. 


I love to read, and write. I only read romance, any genre really, but it has to have a beautiful romance. I also demand a HEA, even if it takes two or three books to get there. Reality is too broken and jaded without having to live through the trauma and angst in a book for it to end unhappily. 

I would love to connect with readers to hear their views on my work. 






No comments:

Post a Comment