Sunday, June 25, 2017

UPDATE ON LIFE AND WHAT NOT

A couple weeks back I wrote a blog explaining what life has been like for me and why I had to take a step back from blogging before. If you missed it you can read it here. It'll give you all the back history to what I'm about to follow-up with now.

But long story short, three days ago I had a total Thyroidectomy. A little over two months ago I was diagnosed with Thyroid Cancer. Surgery was required and my thyroid was completely removed and samples of surrounding tissues were taken to be tested to make sure the cancer didn't spread to any other surrounding areas. We're still currently waiting for those pathology reports but fingers crossed all is clear. The doctor was very optimistic that there was nothing left that would cause any concerns. So I'm hopeful.



I'm home recovering trying to rest because let me tell you, surgery on your neck/throat area is not very comfortable. It hurts to swallow, talk, cough, sneeze, etc. but I'm feeling better every day. I have my moments. I could be fine and talking and the next it's so sore and uncomfortable. It's frustrating but I'm determined to get past this hurdle just as I have with every other obstacle that's been thrown my way over the last couple years. 




I will not let this defeat me. No matter what comes next. I have a great family support system. I can't thank my mom, sister and sister in law enough who has been helping me throughout my recovery dotting on me and helping with the kiddos. 

Oh and HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME! Lol. Did I mention it's also my birthday today!! I'm partyin it hard lying it up on this couch 😂😂😂 I'm actually having a good day and feeling pretty good. The swelling in my neck has gone down significantly and I have more movement. So I'll take it. I'm staying positive and hopeful.



Thank you to those who have reached out to me spending love, well wishes and good vibes. It's greatly appreciated and truly means the world to me. 

All love,
Jenn 

No comments:

Post a Comment