Wednesday, September 10, 2014

SEPTEMBER SERIES SPOTLIGHT: Breaking Black Series by Addison Kline - Black Horse (Breaking Black #1)




Black Horse (Breaking Black #1)







There is no sensation, no experience more delicious and tempting to the sense that the taste of forbidden love. The longing, the desire… the unquenched thirst for his touch. He was the man I was never supposed to love. I was supposed to hate him. I supposed part of me did and that is what made the desire so much more intense. He set a fire under my skin that burned white hot with every smoldering glance. He sets my soul ablaze, the slow burn of passion aching in every inch of my body. 

Black Horse. The name haunted my dreams… But regardless of family vendettas, old hurts and contemptuous blood shed, the heart wants what it wants… The kingdom of my heart has only known one king, and his name is Colton McClain. 

His family is known by his father’s nickname: Black Horse. Like one of the four horses flying out of the gates of hell, Tom “Black Horse” McClain ripped my world apart twenty years ago. I was only five when I found my mother and father dead in their beds, with Tom McClain standing over them with a blood stained butcher knife. He would have come for me, too, had my brother not saved me. I was the only one of my family to walk out of that house alive that night. 

My brothers once considered Colton their best friend. Not anymore. Randy and Tim largely blame Colt for his father’s actions and take it to heart that I love the son of our parent’s killer. Colton is not to blame for their deaths, though… He was a victim, too. Now twenty years after murders, Black Horse is getting out of jail. He’s coming. He has a vendetta against me, because it was my testimony that put me away. Colt wants to hide me until he can take down his old man, but to hell with that. I have no intentions upon running. We cannot hide from this anymore. 

Our past does not own us, and we owe it to our hearts to show the world that love can arise from the darkest of places. We just have to survive Black Horse to tell the tale. 






What. The. What.!!!! I’m on overload here. This was an amazing story filled with so much that I don’t even know where to begin.

Avery and Colton are madly in love. They have been together since they were young. Their history goes way back and Colton and Avery’s brothers were once friends. Until one dreadful night, tragedy struck.

The son of a killer, left for dead but determined to keep Avery safe at any cost. Colton carries around the guilt of the tragic loss that his father, Black Horse, has endured on Avery and her family. He hates his father just as much as the Ford family. When his father is released on parole, there is much more at stake then they realize.

What an amazing story. I was completely hooked from the very beginning. This is one story that will definitely have you sitting at the edge of your seat chomping on your nails anticipating what will come next. A great story line that utterly consumes you with suspense, action, passion, steamy sex and great characters.

I loved the unpredictability of it. When you feel like you know what’s coming next, it totally takes a different turn. I’m a little picky when it comes to the POV’s, it was a little confusing to keep up with who it was at that point in the story. That’s my only downfall of the story and for that I couldn’t give it five stars. But it is definitely a story worth reading. Definitely leaves you with your mouth hanging open and wanting to jump straight to the next one!












Addison Kline is an Amazon best-selling author of Down To You, Mark My Words and Black Horse. She is a Philadelphia-based author who lives with her husband, sons and their two dogs. She is a fervent supporter of the arts, especially the indie author world. 







No comments:

Post a Comment