Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Review - Lex by S.K. Logsdon



Lex (Uncoventional Hearts) by S.K. Logsdon
Release Date: April 30, 2014
Genre: Erotica, Romance, LGBT

My Rating: 5 out of 5 Stars


My favorite quote: “Since love grows within you, so beauty grows. For love is the beauty of the soul.”



       NOTE: This is a story of finding oneself, through the horrors and pains of life. This isn't just a story about love. It's a story about anguish. This is a story about Lex's journey to acceptance. --Not for Close minded people-- Lex Keagan isn't your typical woman. Her past has left her broken and afraid, yet she remains bold and successful. As a result of her painful past, love has never come easy; therefore, she's convinced herself to spend her entire adult life staying busy working at her own company--that is, until her best friend Roni persuades her to give online dating a try. When she concedes, Lex quickly discovers that the world of online dating is nothing like she's ever dreamed. The mysterious charm of her online crush leaves her reluctant and afraid to let love in. As two more men enter her life outside of the online dating world, she's left confused and overwhelmed. Who will she chose? With the deep scars and raw truths her past contains, is anyone capable of accepting the real woman trapped inside, or will she remain alone forever? CAUTION: This book contains HEAVY ADULT SEXUAL CONTENT, which may include multiple F/F AND/OR M/M sexual scenes. Some intense emotional scenarios, including ones of abuse, might be difficult to read. For ages 18+ --Erotic Romance-- - This book is a Stand Alone, part of a Series Approx 140K Words in Length.



      I AM ABSOLUTELY AND UTTERLY WHOLE HEARTEDLY IN LOVE WITH THIS STORY!!!! The cover alone is simply stunning! It gives you an idea of what you're about to get into and you know it's going to be an emotional journey. But, it is by far so much more. It is nothing you will be expecting, yet it is absolutely a fantastic story. I don’t even think I can say anything that will do this book any justice. You MUST simply read it for yourself. But before I try to convey my thoughts on this story, let me start off with this:

Dear S.K. Logsdon, what an amazing fucking read! This is my public acknowledgement of your fucking awesomeness!! I bow to you. I bow to you like the motherfucking queen of writing that you are! I have never cried so hard or felt so much emotion for a fictional character in all my life. Gut wrenching sob cries. You……You gutted my heart. You broke it, shredded it, gutted it and slowly glued the pieces back together. And I thank you for it. By far the best well written story I have ever read to date. Thank you for branching out and taking the risk with something different. You without a doubt fucking nailed it!!

~Love Your Satisfied Supportive Fan, Jennifer <3 

Ok, so back to my review: Lex Keagan, a successful business owner, has been out of the dating field for five years. Abused by her father as a child and by her first boyfriend, she has given up on finding anyone she can give her heart to let alone trust. Forced by her best friend, Roni, to sign up on an online dating website she finds herself smitten with a man that has emailed her through her online profile. His emails are so eloquently written and they come to find out that they have much in common. But is it enough for her to overcome the emotional baggage of her past?

This story was written with so much meaning and so much power. Because this is real! Because this is what real people go through. These are situations that unfortunately people have to endure. Stay true to yourself always, don’t let anyone tell you who or what you can or cannot be, what you can or cannot do. Fight for what you feel, for what you dream and believe in yourself. This is a definite MUST read, and yes, you must be open-minded to read this. There are subject matters such as abuse, rape, violence and more. I’m sure it’s not for everyone but I fucking loved it!!!






S.K. Logsdon is the author of four series; Stricken Rock, Attraction, Unconventional Hearts and The Circle of Blood. She writes erotic romance novels, full of steam, unpredictability and sass. A stay at home mom. She enjoys her family, loves cake decorating and is an avid reader. 


"I became a writer after being a stay at home mom for the past 10 years. I've always had a passion for reading and the creative nature for writing. Being an only child growing up, I spent hours living in my own world of imagination. Note books were filled with my thoughts and ideas and as an adult I have been lucky enough to turn those creative juices into a product for others to enjoy."

No comments:

Post a Comment